About this role
Brunel is currently seeking a Senior Geotechnical Engineer for an open pit mine with our client located in Northern Nevada.
- Site wide surface geotechnical support of multiple active open pits;
- Supervision of the geotechnical team – (6-person junior team);
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with mine geology, mine operations, dewatering, and mine engineering groups;
- Ensure adequate geotechnical instrumentation is deployed, read, maintained, and data reported;
- Performing, training and oversight of highwall data collection, design and slope management;
- This position is hands-on, not a consulting role.
- The ideal candidate will possess a strong background in site-based slope design and management, rock mass property assessment, and geotechnical instrumentation;
- Experience with radars and prism monitoring;
- Bachelor Degree in Geology or Geological Engineering;
- Six (6) years’ experience working as an on-site Geotechnical Engineer;
- Ability to train and mentor team members and demonstrate safety leadership;
- Willingness and ability to perform field work in an extreme environment;
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills.;
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S., Unable to provide H1B sponsorship at this time. TN Visa applicants are welcome to apply.
What We Can Offer You:
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses, generous benefits package, 401K retirement plan with employer matching, paid time off and stock purchase plans where applicable and much more;
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team;
- An Opportunity to transform Traditional Mining into the future of Digital Mining;
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless.
Join the Brunel Family
Our client is committed to:
- Creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer;
- A safe work environment sending every person home safe and healthy every day and leaving a sustainable legacy on our host communities.
We carefully review your application and in the coming weeks, you will be notified for an interview session if you are selected. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 7 days.
After being shortlisted, you will be contacted via email or telephone to arrange for a date on your availability for the qualification interview.
During the interview, you will be assessed on your level of experience and skills, work history, availability, and the qualifications the company is seeking for the position.
After successfully making through the phone interview, a face to face interview will be scheduled between the candidate and recruiter. This session can be a more in-depth interview to review your communication and interpersonal skills.
Submission of candidates resume for client’s approval and screening.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Cindy King is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel USA - Detroit
All fresh vacancies in your mailbox?
Sing up for the Brunel job alert
Look at our privacy statement