About this role
- Ensure and promote the application of HSE and Safety Engineering policies, process, standards and guidelines incl. international rulesets;
- Liaise as required with shareholders Technical Authorities, D+W / FOPS and MP entities to ensure Piping strategies and current best industry technical knowledge is applied and enforced;
- Ensure that contractors comply at all times with the above, taking actions as required in case of deviation;
- Promote safety culture within personnel and contractors including reporting of anomalies;
- Develop and oversee the design of new piping installations or modifications in conjunction with E&C, D&W, FOPS and MP entities;
- Define, specify and carry out necessary technical studies in order to propose robust and optimized technical solutions;
- Prepare requisitions for piping material procurement and technical bids evaluation;
- Prepare scope of work, cost estimates, budgets, and technical dossiers for all packages for piping related activities;
- Lead the technical review of the bidders’ proposals and prepare technical recommendations accordingly;
- Produce and supervise as the case may be detailed engineering performed by Contractors for installation engineering;
- Evaluate and approve Production Facilities drawings and designs, installation schemes, layouts, HAZOP studies & materials take-off for all required NOC entities e.g. D&W / FO and MP thus providing consistency and standardization for CAPEX/OPEX benefit;
- Ensure that Engineering Contractors submit all deliverables on time and check them regularly to achieve quality expectations;
- Lead development and update of piping standards;
- Interact with Third Parties such as Certifying bodies and the like to ensure independent oversight is maintained;
- Plan and conduct KOM with contractors, JRA/work permits meetings in liaison with FO entity;
- Interview, select and recruit Piping Engineering Personal [both direct hire and Contract Staff].
- Min. Qualification: BEng or MEng in Mechanical Engineering; with membership of a recognized professional body e.g. C. Eng / I. Mech. E;
- Min. +12 years in offshore oil & gas covering Design Offices, fabrication/installation with 5-7 years in a leadership role;
- Good sense of team spirit, strong leadership and interpersonal, transferable and communication skills;
- Fluent in English (Verbal/written).
We carefully review your application and in the coming weeks, you will be notified for an interview session if you are selected. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 7 days.
After being shortlisted, you will be contacted via email or telephone to arrange for a date on your availability for the qualification interview.
During the interview, you will be assessed on your level of experience and skills, work history, availability, and the qualifications the company is seeking for the position.
After successfully making through the phone interview, a face to face interview will be scheduled between the candidate and recruiter. This session can be a more in-depth interview to review your communication and interpersonal skills.
Submission of candidates resume for client’s approval and screening.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Babu Harishchandra Jadhav is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Babu Harishchandra Jadhav
Brunel Energy Qatar Doha