About this role
We’re hiring a Senior Project Manager for our engineering consulting firm client to join their team. This is a full-time permanent position that will allow the opportunity to put your knowledge to work every day on a variety of high value tasks.
- Maintain the consistent quality of output of the allocated project team, including alignment with
- Company, Client, regulatory and contractual requirements.
- Manage the project delivery and technical delivery by the project team through the course of projects and studies to meet the requirements of the Clients and their projects in accordance with the contract.
- Develop and maintain the various project specific procedures, work practices, plans, systems and
protocols to enable the project team to work efficiently and maintain a consistent approach and high standard of work.
- Manage the timeliness and accuracy of the project controls (reporting, costs, schedule, trends, change management) in terms of both direct and indirect costs in accordance with the contract and Company procedures.
- Develop and maintain sound client relationships
- HSEC - Demonstrate behavior and practices in accordance with company HSEC systems, policies, values, and expectations
- Project Performance - Manage overall schedules, budgets, and target deliverables to a
- consistently high standard. Respond immediately to change so that projects are completed on time and budget, and in accordance with the contractual scope of work and services
- Client Relationships – Communicate immediately with the client on matters that affect the
project goals. Chair and minute Client meetings, and review minutes of other meetings held between the Client and other members of the project team. Manage the compilation and submission of the project progress report monthly or as required by the contract.
- Resource Management – Manage all members of the project team in the compliance with
applicable project / study specific requirements and current industry work codes and standards.
Chair weekly and other project meetings. Communicate daily with site based senior personnel. Recruit projects and construction personnel as required in accordance with company guidelines and approval processes.
- Company Management – Advise the Group Manager - Projects immediately on matters that negatively affect project goals. Advise the Group Manager - Projects immediately of any safety, environmental or community / industrial incidents.
- Business Development Support – Provide project support and input to proposals, customer presentations, and other marketing / business development activities as required. Prepare scope, budget and schedule for written proposals as requested.
- Engineering qualification and PMP certification.
- At least 15 years’ experience in various aspects of Project Management.
- Must have experience in the mineral processing, specifically with gold mineral processing experience within the African continent.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong technical background with a broad multi-disciplinary base in mineral processing plant /
- Demonstrate understanding and awareness of project implementation, constructability, OH&S,
environmental and community relations issues
- Ability to achieve consistently high standards within budget and schedule constraints.
- Good organizational skills.
- Proven managerial-leadership ability.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Capacity to delegate appropriately.
- Capacity to clear thinking and planning.
- Capacity to evaluate work practices, implement systems and suggest alternatives and refinements
- Ability to work effectively without supervision with consistently high degree of accuracy and producing high quality deliverables.
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 45 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
We carefully review your application and in the coming weeks, you will be notified for an interview session if you are selected. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 7 days.
After being shortlisted, you will be contacted via email or telephone to arrange for a date on your availability for the qualification interview.
During the interview, you will be assessed on your level of experience and skills, work history, availability, and the qualifications the company is seeking for the position.
After successfully making through the phone interview, a face to face interview will be scheduled between the candidate and recruiter. This session can be a more in-depth interview to review your communication and interpersonal skills.
Submission of candidates resume for client’s approval and screening.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Gultchan Chevket is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Canada - Toronto