About this role
We’re hiring a Software Developer to join our client's incredible software development team. This position works directly on our client's business process management platform, on which their workflow solutions are built. If you love working on the heart of a platform to make it the best that it can be, and helping to achieve visions of future broader application. This role is for someone who has design and development expertise, imagination, and thrives off everyday collaboration. This is a full-time position.
- Leverage your experience and collaboration skills to contribute to design and re-architecting discussions, identify and execute POCs to research and evaluate solution options, develop solutions and deliver results
- Provide efficient support and troubleshoot problems both internally and externally
- Develop clean, high-quality code and become an expert on various platform components
- Work collaboratively, review code and designs to improve solutions
- Mentor junior and intermediate developers
- 7+ years’ of software development.
- Experience working with complex business applications.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering.
- Expertise in Java and related technologies (Spring, JMX, JNDI, JDBC)
- Experience in designing highly scalable and reliable systems that have a high volume of transactions; from conception, research and POC, and design to development and delivery
- Experience in re-architecting and transitioning monolithic architecture to newer versions of the system to improve reliability and scalability
- Experience in profiling an application to monitor and improve system performance (CPU, memory, processes, threads, network, etc.)
- Experience with technologies for clustering, load balancing
- Proficiency in multi-threaded solutions
- Development experience with persistence frameworks, such as Hibernate and MyBatis
- Development experience with database design and technologies, such as DB2, SQL Server, and MySQL
- Development experience with operating systems Linux or Unix
- Strong application of software engineering fundamentals, including data structures, design patterns, testing, and debugging
- Experience with consuming, producing, and designing RESTful web services.
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That is what we continually strive for. Over 45 years, we have created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
We carefully review your application and in the coming weeks, you will be notified for an interview session if you are selected. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 7 days.
After being shortlisted, you will be contacted via email or telephone to arrange for a date on your availability for the qualification interview.
During the interview, you will be assessed on your level of experience and skills, work history, availability, and the qualifications the company is seeking for the position.
After successfully making through the phone interview, a face to face interview will be scheduled between the candidate and recruiter. This session can be a more in-depth interview to review your communication and interpersonal skills.
Submission of candidates resume for client’s approval and screening.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Marieke Bravo is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Canada - Calgary
All fresh vacancies in your mailbox?
Sing up for the Brunel job alert
Look at our privacy statement