About this role
- Actively recruiting for a Steel Superintendent. Must have LNG construction experience. Preferred candidates have previous ExxonMobil experience;
- Location: Sabine Pass, TX;
- Industry Vertical: LNG;
- Target Mobilization: February 2021;
- Expected Duration: ~3 years;
- Required Certs: Valid TWIC (or be able to obtain within 30 days upon hiring);
- Reports to: Area Construction Lead.
- The Steel Superintendent focuses on planning and execution of the LNG Plant scope of the project;
- This position will work closely with Company and Contractor discipline Engineers for review of Contractor deliverables;
- The role is characterized by;
- Champion Worker Safety Programs;
- Oversee site contractor fabrication, construction, and hookup work activities during Execution Phase;
- Provide the interface between the work face and the Area Construction Lead(s);
- Provide construction core competency expertise to project team;
- Ensure good communications and relations with the contractors;
- Responsibilities shall include the following;
- Serve as day-to-day interface with contractor and craft labor during the Construction Phase, providing a focus on safety, quality, cost, and schedule;
- Provide safety monitoring/leadership;
- Interface with QA/QC personnel to address quality issues/progress;
- Provide oversight of contractor’s materials management/verification systems;
- Ensure compliance with specifications, procedures, and plans;
- Monitor workforce productivity and progress relative to schedule;
- Monitor environmental compliance, as required;
- Interface with contractor for field level changes, e.g., scope, costs, etc;
- Verify post-site arrival of procured equipment and engineering equipment.
- Technical degree with 10+ year site exp;
- High School/Technical Training with 15 years construction exp;
- Working Knowledge of;
- Structural Codes- AWS D1.1/ASTM;
- Industry Codes ISO/NACE;
- Steel fabrication methods;
- Welding processes and NDE techniques i;
- CSWIP/CWI Qualifications required;
- PCN/ASNT NDE Qualifications;
- BGAS/NACE Coatings Qualifications.
- Why work through Brunel? We start with competitive rates, a comprehensive benefits package and a safe on-boarding process;
- With our industry insights and recruiter expertise, we are supporting projects and clients worldwide;
- With Brunel you gain experience and expertise, building on your skills and developing your career further.
Join the Brunel Family
- Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business;
- That’s what we continually strive for;
- Over 45 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services;
- Join us today.
We carefully review your application and in the coming weeks, you will be notified for an interview session if you are selected. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 7 days.
After being shortlisted, you will be contacted via email or telephone to arrange for a date on your availability for the qualification interview.
During the interview, you will be assessed on your level of experience and skills, work history, availability, and the qualifications the company is seeking for the position.
After successfully making through the phone interview, a face to face interview will be scheduled between the candidate and recruiter. This session can be a more in-depth interview to review your communication and interpersonal skills.
Submission of candidates resume for client’s approval and screening.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Keith Jones is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel USA - Houston
All fresh vacancies in your mailbox?
Sing up for the Brunel job alert
Look at our privacy statement