About this role
Brunel have been engaged to successfully recruit and place a suitably qualified Team Leader for a permanent position based in Carlisle on behalf of the Western Australian Local Government Association (WALGA).
The successful individual will be responsible for the effective and efficient organisation of the Drainage Crew in the provision of stormwater drainage construction, maintenance and other associated works throughout the City in accordance with agreed performance targets.
- Ensure the Crew provides effective and efficient day-to-day drainage construction, maintenance and associated works in a professional manner using proven techniques, to achieve required standards.
- Oversight various aspects of drainage work
- Ensure the effective utilisation of resources to ensure efficient operation of works and maintaining quality standards of the work performed.
- Monitor and ensure all plant and equipment is operated in accordance with the Chain of Responsibility legislation (as outlined by Main Roads WA) and the current Load Restraint guide.
- Effectively supervise the work crew and ensure staff training and performance needs are identified, including inductions for new staff.
- Ensure safe working conditions and practices are in place at all times for the safety of employees and to minimise the risk to the public. When necessary, assist in the investigation of accidents and/or the rehabilitation of injured workers.
- Previous relevant experience in drainage construction combined with a thorough working knowledge of industry standards and maintenance practices.
- A good working knowledge of road construction principles.
- Good knowledge and understanding of the current Load Restraint Guide.
- Ability to effectively monitor basic budget expenditure.
- Ability to effectively supervise staff and volunteers.
- A willingness and ability to acquire new skills
- Construction Induction White Card
- Confined Space & Gas Testing accreditation
- Accreditation in basic road Traffic Management or ability to obtain
- Current HR class driver’s licence
- National Police Clearance Certificate - within the last twelve (12) months or ability to obtain
- Senior First Aid Certificate (desirable)
- Knowledge of computers and office based software programs (Desirable)
- Immediate Start Available
- Permanent role working with a Local Government Body
- Hours of work will generally be between 6:00am and 6:00pm, Monday to Friday, in accordance with the 9 Day Fortnight rosters, working a minimum of seventy six (76) hours per fortnight with an expectation of being available to work reasonable additional hours, as required.
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Australasia and around the world. We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract, permanent or secondment basis.
Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 40 countries, 100+ offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Brunel is proud to be equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
We carefully review your application and in the coming weeks, you will be notified for an interview session if you are selected. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 7 days.
After being shortlisted, you will be contacted via email or telephone to arrange for a date on your availability for the qualification interview.
During the interview, you will be assessed on your level of experience and skills, work history, availability, and the qualifications the company is seeking for the position.
After successfully making through the phone interview, a face to face interview will be scheduled between the candidate and recruiter. This session can be a more in-depth interview to review your communication and interpersonal skills.
Submission of candidates resume for client’s approval and screening.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Chris Mitchell is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy Australia Perth