About this role
1. Ensures agreed operational procedures associated with operating and controllingthe installed (or virtual) Telecommunication system hardware and software are followed. This may include configuration and maintenance of multiple Telecommunication system hardware or software platforms. Implements maintenance routines, utilising the appropriate tools and test equipment. Uses standard procedures and tools to carry out defined system backups, restoring data where necessary;
2. Supports use of Telecommunication infrastructure management tools to collect and report on load and performance data and statistics. Carries out required monitoring, logging and reporting tasks;
3. Supports use of Telecommunication infrastructure management tools and test equipment to automate the provisioning, testing and deployment of new and changed Telecommunication system infrastructure. Facilitates and oversees installation, removal, upgrading and repair of equipment;
4. Identifies Telecommunication system operational problems and contributes to their resolution. Investigates, diagnoses and resolves low impact operational problems following incident management procedures, within service level agreement tolerances, referring to users, other staff, and suppliers, as necessary. Takes action on known Telecommunicationsystem errors and documented workarounds, logging such actions and advising supervisor or specialists when management or specialist attention is required;
5. Installs or removes Telecommunication system hardware and/or software, using supplied installation instructions and tools; follows agreed standards, including those for Low voltage electrical work. Agrees the timing of the work with those affected, e.g. users, operations management, including, where appropriate, hand-over to client;
6. Conducts tests of the Telecommunication system hardware and/or software affected using supplied test procedures and diagnostic tools. Helps to resolve problems and faults, and corrects malfunctions, calling on help from more experienced colleagues if required;Documents results in accordance with agreed procedures;
7. Applies standard user/system interfaces, including reports, validation and error correction procedures, processing rules, access, security and audit controls, recovery routines and contingency procedures.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Engineering, Information Technology, Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Information Systems or other relevant discipline;
- 5 years of IT experience (ideally within Oil & Gas industry)Competent knowledge in core skill applications, tools, and techniques
Conversant with relevant IT national and international standards Demonstrated experience in project management Demonstrated experience in IT support environment.
We carefully review your application and in the coming weeks, you will be notified for an interview session if you are selected. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 7 days.
After being shortlisted, you will be contacted via email or telephone to arrange for a date on your availability for the qualification interview.
During the interview, you will be assessed on your level of experience and skills, work history, availability, and the qualifications the company is seeking for the position.
After successfully making through the phone interview, a face to face interview will be scheduled between the candidate and recruiter. This session can be a more in-depth interview to review your communication and interpersonal skills.
Submission of candidates resume for client’s approval and screening.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Babu Harishchandra Jadhav is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Babu Harishchandra Jadhav
Brunel Energy Qatar Doha