About this role
We’re hiring a Underwater Warfare Systems Integration Engineer for our client, a large Canadian shipbuilder and in-service support provider. This is a permanent, full-time role with relocation services available.
- This position will be responsible for providing coordination and engineering oversight to the integration, installation, set to work, test and evaluation of all Canadian Surface Combatant (CSC) UWW systems. This will include, but is not limited to the:
- Hull Mounted Sonar;
- Towed Low Frequency Active and Passive Sonar (TLFAS);
- Mine Avoidance Sonar (MAS);
- Sonobuoy Processing System (SPS);
- UW Communications;
- Expendable Torpedo Counter Measures (ETCM); and;
- Torpedo Defence Systems (TDS) including handling systems;
- Participate in the CSC IPT structure to coordinate and manage all stakeholder interests, governing standards, and CSC requirements applicable to CSC Underwater Warfare systems;
- Provide engineering oversight and guidance during requirements definition, design, integration, and test activities to ensure that fully compliant and certified solutions are provided in accordance with sound engineering practice;
- Provide engineering oversight and guidance relating to the integration of UWW systems within the UWW suite and with the CSC Combat Management System (CMS);
- Provide knowledge and insight into software integration challenges with Underwater Warfare systems and associated mitigation processes;
- Provide knowledge and insight into the operational employment of Underwater Warfare systems and their roles in Anti-Submarine Warfare;
- Provide technical expertise in the development and evaluation of documentation products related to the requirements definition, design, integration, and test of all UWW systems;
- Support the coordination of scheduling, planning, and conduct of Underwater Warfare activities to ensure that related program milestones are met;
- Ensure performance compliance of the Underwater Warfare solutions;
- Provide accurate status reports on assigned activities to the Underwater Warfare Team Lead;
- Provide support in evaluating engineering change to ensure that impacts, risks, and issues
- related to Underwater Warfare design, integration, test, and acceptance activities are understood and recorded;
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with internal (Shipyard Production, CSC Program personnel) and external stakeholders (subcontractors and Canadian government staff);
- Support a culture of teamwork, pro-activeness, and enthusiasm within the Combat System tam, and be a role model for professional behavior.
- Electrical or Computer Engineering related to acoustic systems and / or Professional Engineer or eligibility for this qualification;
- Post graduate qualifications is desirable in an area related to underwater Acoustics;
- A minimum of seven years’ experience in the following fields:
- Engineering in large and complex defense acquisition projects;
- Knowledge and experience on UWW acoustic systems;
- Combat System Architecture;
- Software design, integration, installation, setting to work and testing of UWW Systems;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; and;
- Coordination with multiple organizations.
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 40 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
We carefully review your application and in the coming weeks, you will be notified for an interview session if you are selected. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 7 days.
After being shortlisted, you will be contacted via email or telephone to arrange for a date on your availability for the qualification interview.
During the interview, you will be assessed on your level of experience and skills, work history, availability, and the qualifications the company is seeking for the position.
After successfully making through the phone interview, a face to face interview will be scheduled between the candidate and recruiter. This session can be a more in-depth interview to review your communication and interpersonal skills.
Submission of candidates resume for client’s approval and screening.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Marieke Bravo is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Canada - Calgary
All fresh vacancies in your mailbox?
Sing up for the Brunel job alert
Look at our privacy statement