About this role
- Focal point for support of In Sight Edge customers, both internal and external;
- Gather information from customers, and help them apply known solutions to common problems;
- Troubleshoot and diagnose issues that may not be well understood or documented;
- Understand and follow escalation procedures for unresolved issues;
- Create and improve the support knowledge base by documenting new information and improving the accuracy of existing documentation;
- Assist operational teams by helping diagnose underlying application or system-level problems;
- Assist with the acceptance testing and validation phases of application software releases.
- Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering, Computer Science or closely related discipline (or a High School Diploma / GED with a minimum of 4 years of additional experience in a closely related technical position);
- Minimum 3 years’ hands-on experience with the operation and maintenance of embedded Linux edge gateways/controllers, sensors, analyzers, or chemical feed equipment.
Nice to Have:
- Linux system troubleshooting and administration experience;
- Quality Assurance (QA) experience is a plus;
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) experience is a plus;
- Knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server, and Oracle databases is a plus;
- Knowledge on PLC and/or HMI programming (Rockwell, GE and Siemens) is a plus;
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills, with the ability to be client-facing and work with cross functional teams;
- Proven work experience in project management for projects involving complex, multidisciplinary efforts;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Demonstrated ability to analyze, diagnose and lead the resolution of issues;
- Demonstrated comfort with browser-based applications and their administration;
- Demonstrated ability to execute against multi priorities;
- Self-motivated, ability to work independently with minimal guidance;
- Knowledge of water filtration technologies.
What we offer
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That is what we continually strive for. Over 40 years, we have created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
- Vacancy number: PUB259815
- Location: Oakville
- Market: Infrastructure
- hours per week: 40
- Branch: Water & Waste Management
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
- Area of Expertise: Operations & Maintenance
- Closing date: Thursday, May 7, 2020
Send me an email with the latest vacancies matching Operations & Support Engineer - Data Tranmission - Ontario
Confirmation sent to