About this role
• Follow-up of engineering development activities progress related to electrical engineering systems by the contractors, the LLI and packages vendors (as applicable) for the Major Projects. The scope of activities will both concern green field (new development) as well as brownfield activities (on existing platforms). The activities include the review and comment of engineering and vendor documentation to ensure compliance with design dossier, safety concept, SOR, COMPANY specifications, Corporate standard and HSE regulation, international codes and classification society rules (when applicable),• Supervise the engineering contractors in charge of carrying out the basic and/or detailed design engineering, in compliance with project specifications and procedures, COMPANY specifications, electrical discipline requirements and international codes, with respect of cost, schedule and required level of quality and safety applicable to the projects,
• Review and approve, in accordance with applicable procedures and requirements, the various electrical documents issued by CTR. Check the quality of the engineering documents prepared by the Contractor(s) and his subcontractors & vendors, provide required comments in due time, approve via MANASA the documentation promptly, in accordance with contract procedures and requirements,• Check the incorporation of COMPANY comments by the Contractor(s) and his subcontractors / vendors in subsequent submissions,
• Ensure close coordination with other disciplines on all engineering, constructability and operational matters, typically 3D model development, layout reviews, etc…• Ensure accurate electrical interface management between jacket, topsides, cables and CPP
• Ensure a delivery of detailed engineering dossier in due time to secure project execution schedule,• Identification of any optimization / improvement in the electrical design dossier to be implemented in the early stage of execution, subject to management approval.
• Identify potential deviations from the COMPANY referential and report these to the Engineering Manager for final decision on whether or not to implement,• To ensure that relevant feedback from previous similar projects are considered in the design performance,
• To participate in weekly and monthly meetings with Contractors, and in specific ad hoc meetings as required by management,• To provide technical answers to technical queries and provide support in deviations requests related to electrical engineering issues,
• To request assistance from shareholder specialists (remote head office), when required,• To participate in the HAZID/ HAZOP/ SIL reviews, Project Reviews sessions with COMPANY, Contractors and vendors teams and provide technical answers and clarifications,
• To participate actively in technical decision making, in meetings with potential contractors and vendors,• To participate in the technical analysis of offers and assist in vendor selection,
• To participate in inspections at site/vendor premises, as required,• To review qualification procedures and follow any qualification tests,
• To liaise with 3rd party to obtain the necessary approvals, licenses or consents where required,• To ensure detailed progress reporting to project management,
• To assist project management team to reply to various correspondence by providing technical support, • To carry out any other duties or tasks that may be assigned by hierarchical superiors.
• To treat all information obtained during course of the work with confidentiality.
- Qualification: Master degree in electrical system engineering,
- Experience: 10 – 15 year experience in electrical engineering field in Oil and Gas activities,
- Available for technical missions worldwide.
- Computer literate, especially in structural calculation softwares.
- Strong leadership skills and good communication skills.
- Good analytical skills.
- Offshore experience is preferred,
We carefully review your application and in the coming weeks, you will be notified for an interview session if you are selected. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 7 days.
After being shortlisted, you will be contacted via email or telephone to arrange for a date on your availability for the qualification interview.
During the interview, you will be assessed on your level of experience and skills, work history, availability, and the qualifications the company is seeking for the position.
After successfully making through the phone interview, a face to face interview will be scheduled between the candidate and recruiter. This session can be a more in-depth interview to review your communication and interpersonal skills.
Submission of candidates resume for client’s approval and screening.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Namitha Sambhram Aivalli is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Namitha Sambhram Aivalli
Brunel Energy Qatar Doha